Saturday, May 21, 2005

Skype!

Recently my friend Genci told me about an internet program that would allow he and I to talk through the internet, just as if it were a telephone- absolutely free. At first I had reservations: the quality will be bad, it'll be complicated, etc. Recently I was over at my friend Josh's house, and I noticed that he too had this program. "Oh yeah! It's great, watch this..." Ring, ring... hello? Just like that his dad, all the way in the tiny village of Polokwane, South Africa, answered. The connection was so clear it was as if Mr. Beakley (Josh's dad) wasn't even on a phone, but sitting across the dinner table! All you need is a microphone connected to your computer ($14.99 at Wal-Mart) and of course speakers. It's as easy as that! Thanks Skype for connecting us all for free! www.skype.com

No comments: