Monday, December 12, 2005

#5


Congratulations to the newest inductee into the Heisman fraternity, Reggie Bush! As most coaches affectionately (and some maybe not so affectionately) refer to "#5," Reggie truly deserves the Heisman trophy. I still believe Vince Young and Matt Leinart can both make a VERY strong case for the award, but clearly 784 qualified voters named Reggie Bush the best player in college football. And if he would stay at USC I'd be willing to bet he could join Archie Griffin in the exclusive two-timers' club. Though I'd like to see Vince and the Horns pull the upset on January 4th, it's going to be an absolute landmark day in the history of college football, regardless of who wins. No team has ever had two Heisman winners play on the same team in one game, and in my opinion that will probably never happen again. For those of you who aren't necessarily football fans, I recommend tuning in to ABC on January 4th, at least so you can tell your grandkids someday, "I watched Matt Leinart and Reggie Bush play against Vince Young for the BCS National Championship!" This match-up has to the potential to be one of the best games ever, and I'm getting the jitters just thinking about it! Seeing Traveller run out on the field and spike the sword in the endzone, Bevo standing on the sideline, the cannon and big bertha taking their turn through the tunnel... this game will be exciting to say the least, and if it's even half of what it's hyped up to be, it will be an instant classic. Thanks again for reading, I hope y'all have a great week!

No comments: