Saturday, August 27, 2005

Confessions of a Barista, Pt. 2

Though I'm sure it sounds to most that I'm only complaining, I honestly point these things out because they make me laugh and I hope it'll make things clearer and easier for both the customer and the guys and gals behind the counter. I've said before that if I didn't work there, I'm quite confident I'd be more than guilty of all the funny and annoying things that happen to me now! Hope these are helpful!

Top 10 Things I'd like to but Can't Say to Customers at Starbucks®...
(again, the following do NOT represent the feelings or attitudes of Starbucks Coffee Co.®)

10) Ma'am, it's 11AM on Saturday morning, why do you think it's busy?

9) God doesn't charge for water, we don't either.

8) I can hear you without the cell phone.

7) Yes, that is a grande, we're not cheating you, there is NO conspiracy.

6) Are you kidding me?

5) To any group of 14 junior highers, usually around 3:01PM, "We're out of frappucinno... hahaha! Just kidding."

4) Trust me, I'm a professional.

3) We heard you say "decaf" the first time.

2) How many "decaf quad venti sugar-free vanilla non-fat extra hot no foam with whip and caramel sauce lattes" do you think were ordered in the last 45 seconds?

1) There's no A in "Venti."

Now, y'all go get a cup of coffee and have a great day! Jude 24, 25

1 comment:

Paul said...

I'll have a super-sized cup joe, you know just plain black coffee the way God made it. And, um, make that to go.