Friday, June 24, 2005

15 till Take-off!

In a recent survey conducted by a major news journal the question was asked, "if there is one word that you would consider sums up your essential identity, what would that word be?" Of over two million people surveyed across the United States not one single person replied, "Christian." In fifteen hours 17 people, including myself, will be leaving LAX for the tiny nation of Albania. Please continue to pray that above every thought, every desire, every action, that God would be exalted in our hearts and with our lips without concern for situation or consequence. Though many people see what we're doing as worthy of praise and glory for ourselves, I pray that our attitudes would not be one of pride or self-worship, but only of the grace and mercy that our Father has given us first through His Son. Any mindset other than Biblical humility will not only be useless, but counterproductive for the sake of the gospel. Once again, all of the money and financial support that we have received has been an overwhelming blessing to our hearts, but your prayers are exceedingly invaluble as we minister in the coming weeks. Thanks again to all of you who have and continue to support this team, may God richly bless you and your families while we are away. Soli deo Gloria!

- Morgan

"I do it all for the sake of the gospel, that I may share with them in its blessings. Do you not know that in a race all the runners compete, but only one receives the prize? So run that you may obtain it. Every athlete exercises self-control in all things. They do it to receive a perishable wreath, but we an imperishable. So I do not run aimlessly; I do not box as one beating the air. But I discipline my body and keep it under control, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified" (1 Cor. 9:23-27).

"For no one can lay a foundation other than that which is laid, which is Jesus Christ" (1 Cor. 3:11).

No comments: